Saturday, 23 March 2013

March 23

When I opened up this page this morning for the first time since the first of the month there was no prompt on it neither a NaBloPoMo nor one I had chosen for myself. Any writer will tell you that seeing a blank page can be intimidating. Since today I am committed to trying to get the major part of my short story outline done this is double scary for me. What if I can't do it? What if a planned short story is impossible for me. If a planned short story is impossible how much more unlikely am I going to be able to complete even a novella or a novel. The acid in my stomach reflects this fear.

Writing planned anything is not what I do, in most anything I write it is off the cuff and sometimes I get lucky and it actually turns out pretty good. of course when you actually put time in to write & rewrite and edit a decent piece can become a superb one it's just not what I do, or at least not what I've done.

The courses and contest I've signed up for are meant to help me with that as well as to get me into the habit of writing every day. It is also why I joined NaBloPoMo for the first month on this new blog because I want, need to get in the habit of writing every single day for several hours every day if I am to get all of the stories in my head told in decent style.

So I have managed to write quite a few words, I am encouraged, perhaps today will not be the bust I feared.

No comments:

Post a Comment