Tuesday, 12 March 2013

NaBloPoMo - Day 12

What is getting in the way of you reaching for your dreams?

Me!

Does that seem like too simple an answer? Let me share with you my thoughts on the matter.

I have been called a dilettante which is a nice way of saying I am a dabbler. I learn enough of one thing to produce one or two good pieces, not excellent, of work then I move on to something else and start again.

I have been like this for a long time. Once when I was in my teens I swore I would always be a student and that is what I have been. As you saw from yesterdays post I have a lot of skills I can call upon and that was just the short list.

I call myself non-competitive others just call me lazy. Myself, I just don't like confrontation and though I will try to beat my games I don't try to beat the other players. I just don't like the thought that I might make someone mad or hurt their feelings

As you can imagine that prevents me from advancing very far in any business. Business when done right is very competitive and when I reach that level I pull back and move on to something new.

So short and sweet, what gets between me and reaching my dreams ... me!

No comments:

Post a Comment