Monday, 25 March 2013

NABLOPOMO- Day 25

Do you like getting up to speak in front of a crowd? Will you submit this year for Voice of the Year?

I have actually become more at ease speaking in front of a crowd over the past few years. I started out going to a weekly Toastmasters meeting and from there I did various fund raisers and MC'ing at private parties. I am not great and sadly have not practiced in over six months. I keep trying to get to a Toastmaster's meeting or a poetry slam but just haven't been able to do it.

I have been researching what  Blogher means by voice of the year, I have found some references to the 2012 nominees so I followed them back, the link will take you to the article I found that describes it's history.  As I would like to style myself a writer I wish I had heard about this months ago I might have entered, ah well maybe I'll do that next year.

This past few days I've been having a bit of a crisis. I think I jumped into the deep end without learning to swim first. I have decided that I will withdraw from the two contests I'm in and try again in the next cycle. I'm just not ready to write a whole short story let alone an epic. I still think if you want to be in the company of writing peers then you should check out Write On!. I am learning a lot there.

No comments:

Post a Comment