Wednesday, 27 March 2013

NABLOPOMO- Day 27

Theodore Roosevelt said, "No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause." What great cause would be worth any risk for you?

It seems that I do not feel any cause is worth the sacrifice of myself body, mind or soul. It seems to me that the cause would have to be monumental and earth-shattering, like the end of the world.

I have causes don't get me wrong, anything that disenfranchises children or women is a cause I would fight for but I would not sacrifice myself for it. A sacrifice of everything includes the end of my life and honestly how can I help others if I am dead?

Mr Roosevelt was speaking as a warrior would I think and I am many things but I am not a warrior. If I can accomplish my goal with out harming anyone including myself then that is the path I am going to take. I think if more people thought that way that maybe one day we could talk our way to world peace and plenty for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment