Thursday, 28 March 2013

NABLOPOMO- Day 28

Rambam said, "The risk of a wrong decision is preferable to the terror of indecision." Would you rather be in a state of indecision or accepting the consequences of a wrong decision?

If I must choose between indecision and consequeces of a wrong decision, I would rather accept the consequences. Indecision or going where the wind takes you can have you ending up in a worse spot than you were already in while a wrong decision can be corrected or lessened because you are able to accept that you made a mistake and admit to it. Strangely admitting to a mistake seems to make others less hostile to you.

I am not sure how that works but I think it has to do with stepping up to the plate or manning up to an error thus showing that you are aware of the problem and are working towards correcting it. If you just go with the flow you are apt to say I don't know how I got here, which instantly makes people hostile because it appears that you are not making an effort at all.

At least that's how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment