Saturday, 13 April 2013

April 13 - Jazz Appreciation Month Poetry form = Nonet

Listen to a piece of music and write about the images that it brings into your mind. It has to be a jazz song!
Nonet has nine lines. The first line has nine syllables, the second line eight syllables, the third line seven syllables, etc... until line nine that finishes with one syllable. It can be on any subject and rhyming is optional.
line 1 - 9 syllables
line 2 - 8 syllables
line 3 - 7 syllables
line 4 - 6 syllables
line 5 - 5 syllables
line 6 - 4 syllables
line 7 - 3 syllables
line 8 - 2 syllables
line 9 - 1 syllables

My head feels stuffed with cotton and my bones ache, all I really want to do is sleep. I hope the sun comes back soon, I really need its soothing light. My mind seizes up when faced with so many grey days, especially since they are cold and wet with out a lightening spark. Lightening gives me a buzz but rain drip, drip, drip just drives me insane.


Give me a summer lightening storm
Lightening gives me a cool buzz
Rain by itself makes me sad
Its steady drip, drip, drip
Sounds like someones tears
Gets on my nerves
Drip, drip, drip
Please stop
Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment