Sunday, 14 April 2013

April 14 - Sunday Thoughts Poetry form = Quatern

A lot of European countries celebrate freedom this month ... what does freedom mean to me?
Quatern is a sixteen line French form composed of four quatrains. It is similar to the Kyrielle and the Retourne. It has a refrain that is in a different place in each quatrain. The first line of stanza one is the second line of stanza two, third line of stanza three, and fouth line of stanza four. A quatern has eight syllables per line. It does not have to be iambic or follow a set rhyme scheme.

That is what freedom means to me
Speak my piece any way I choose
As long as you can do it too
Without a reprimand from me

line 5
line 1  That is what freedom means to me
line 6
line 7

line 8
line 9
line 1  That is what freedom means to me
line 10

line 11
line 12
line 13
line 1 That is what freedom means to me

No comments:

Post a Comment