Wednesday, 17 April 2013

April 17th, 2013 Poetry form = Sestina

Do you enjoy cleaning? Why or why not?
Sestina: A highly structured form of poetry consisting of six six-line stanzas and a three-line envoy (thirty-nine lines). The end words of the first stanza are repeated in varied order as end words in the other stanzas and also recur in the envoy.

I hate to clean because it is a thankless, never-ending job. Mind you I like a tidy house, I just refuse to clean beyond what needs doing. You won't find garbage on the floor, or mold on the dishes but there will certainly be dust everywhere and crumbs waiting for me to decide they need cleaned up. The blanket gets thrown over the bed most days but that's only cause my I live in one room and it looks neater if the blanketis spread out on the bed rather than bunched into the corner or on the floor. My clothes ussually get folded and put away but sometimes I just throw them into a big pile on a chair for later. Stuff like that.

Sestina: Is going to have to wait my mind just can't formulate even a beginning line for it and it has 39 lines in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment