Wednesday, 24 April 2013

April 24th, 2013 Poetry form = Dodoitsu


Do you like a fresh start?
Dodoitsu is a fixed folk song form of Japanese origin and is often about love or humor. It has 26 syllables made of of four lines of 7, 7, 7, 5 syllables respectively. It is unrhymed and non-metrical.

Every day is a new day, a fresh start, wouldn't you say. Each day I wake up and ask myself what I would like to get done today. I do not think about what didn't get done yesterday or last week as something I need to do but rather as something I would like to do today. There's no sense in getting down on yourself because something isn't done. For me at least it just makes me drag my feet even more.

Every day is a new day
Don't worry begin again
No sense getting downhearted
Start anew today

No comments:

Post a Comment