Monday, 29 April 2013

April 29th, 2013 Poetry form =Limerick

 Samuel Johnson said: "Where grief is fresh, any attempt to divert it only irritates." True or false?
Limerick: The beat consists of three syllables, two short followed by one long in quantitative meter, and two unstressed followed by one stressed in accentual meter, as in "for the nonce". lines. Lines 1, 2, and 5 of a Limerick have seven to ten syllables and rhyme with one another. Lines 3 and 4 have five to seven syllables and also rhyme with each other
Line 1, 2, 5:  ta-ta-tum ta-ta-tum ta-ta-tum ta or ta-ta-tum ta-ta-tum ta
Line 3, 4: ta-ta-tum ta-ta-tum ta or ta-ta-tum ta-ta

True. I do not wish to talk about death today and I don't want to write a limerick. Strangely enough I am feeling worn out though I am visiting the Professor's. I think part of it is being here after nearly a year away and part of it is the strange bed. And of course I am missing the kids. Oh and I woke up to a grey day which always makes me feel tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment