Wednesday, 3 April 2013

April 3rd, 2013 Poetry form = Lanterne

Have you ever been camping? Tell us about a memorable trip.
Lanterne: 5 line poem; each line has a specific number of syllables; line 1 = 1 syllable; line 2 = 2 syllables; line 3 = 3 syllables; line 4 = 4 syllables; line 5 = 1 syllable; lines do not rhyme; poem is based on one sentence or idea


Yes
every
year I went
with my family.
Yes

I think I got the syllables right but I think I have to do a different Lanterne for the book, this one doesn't make sense unless you include the question and that is not the right form.

In answer to the question, yes I've been camping. Every year we would go to a hunting cabin for a couple of week-ends a summer. That was until the lumber guys revoked our rental agreement so they could start logging the area. I used to love fishing, and canoeing on the lake, walking through the woods  and eating dinner by the campfire most nights.

Mind I have a couple of bad memories of that place too. The strongest one by far took place the last year we were there in the cabin. I was not mouthy indeed most people thought I was a mouse but on this paticular day something broke.

We had several visitors at the cabin and it was rather crowded. My mother asked me to do dishes and for some reason I said no. My mother freaked! She took me out into the woods and made me cut a switch which she then liberally applied to my body every where cept my face for some reason she avoided that. She left me there and went back to the cabin. I walked without knowing where I was going until I came to this big rock out cropping near the far end of the lake. I stayed there for several hours, finally heading back because it was getting dark.

I carried bruises and welts for a couple of months. I walked into my school with them. I think my parents got in trouble over that but I don't know for sure. 

I have lots of good memories of that place and I try not to think about the bad ones. Perhaps when I do the Lanterne take two I will use the beating as the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment