Tuesday, 9 April 2013

April 9th, 2013 Poetry form = Triolet

Talk about a time you were on a farm.
Triolet: A triolet is an eight line poem or stanza with a set rhyme scheme. Line four and line seven are the same as line one, and line eight is the same as line two. The rhyme scheme is ABaAabAB.

I grew up on a farm
Dit dit
Safe from city harm
I grew up on a farm
It's why I give a darn
hint, hint
I grew up on a farm
dit, dit


OK it's a bit of a cheat but it is in the correct format even if the form is incomplete and it is about a farm.

Grey skies hover over my head
The missing sun makes me so sad
I don't want to get out of bed
Grey skies hover over my head
Filling my humble heart with dread
When they are gone I'll be so glad
Grey skies hover over my head
The missing sun makes me so sad


This is a perfect Triolet!

No comments:

Post a Comment