Sunday, 2 June 2013

June 2

Photo of The Day: A moment: Something that made me feel good today! I have an internet friend who lives in England and she and I talk a lot via our posts, today and yesterday she sent two messages that warmed me to the souls of my feet in response to my post yesterday!



She has a couple of blogs herself that you should check out! Life Your Way  and Totally Random Shuffle! You Go Girl !!!!!!!


Belief 1: I am clumsy and break everything I touch

The first time I was told this I was three or four, my cousin was my best friend but her step-dad was not a fan of mine at all.  I had wandered into his workshop looking for my friends bike and he was there. The bike was also there high up where I couldn't reach it. When I asked him if he would get it down so I could ride it he said no, he said that he was not going to let me play with it because I broke everything I touched. As you can imagine that had a profound effect on me.

As the years passed things kept happening that made me believe what he said was true to the point where I refused to buy anything that wasn't made out of plastic, theoretically unbreakable. Even my plates and cups were plastic. To this day I shy away from glass anything and if something needs assembled I get someone else to do it for me.

Evaluation:
Clumsiness is usually caused by rushing through something that requires a bit of time. I do that especially when it is something I really don't want to do. But my computer is not broken and I've been using one for a decade and a half. I have made delicate miniatures that lasted several years so I know I don't break everything I touch. On the other hand I still have the odd accident like spilling food on myself sometimes. This usually happens because I am not paying attention to what I'm eating. One thing I could do is to change my eating habits so that I am eating mindfully, as it happens there is a web site that specializes in this The Center For Mindful Eating which I am checking out tonight. As a matter of fact I think I will be doing a bit of reading on Mindfulness, I will share what I find out with you tomorrow.

Self Comfort & Self-Love: Day 1 Raise your Conciousness
Mindfulness will help here too, the main thing I need to remember is that Habits are those automatic responses you use to respond to situations. You have the power to hurt yourself or make yourself feel better.
I choose to make myself feel better so I will listen to my thoughts and if I catch a negative one turn it around into a positive.All I got to do is figure out how to take I am clumsy and turn it around. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I am so touched and honored Cheryl! Thank you!
    As a life-long klutz I have often found comfort in the fact that Dancers, those we believe to be the most graceful of creatures, are often the most clumsy, the ones that can't walk across a floor without stumbling on their own shadow.
    So, I've kinda thought of myself as the soul of a dancer inside a "normal human's" body. *grin* We are graceful on the inside!

    ReplyDelete