Friday, 28 June 2013

June 28

Photo of The Day: Red: Today is red nose day in Australia. Show us some red!

My favorite blanket!

I have been considering what I would like to do for July and honestly I keep hearing myself say take a break from writing and do something else instead. I am seriously tempted except that I have only a few days left until July starts and I have a dozen reviews still waiting for me over at WDC. I have been avoiding asking for help because I figured I can do them myself in the time I gave myself, which for the record was 30 days but there is no way in hell I'm going to have them done in time.

I also still have 20 of so of the 52 poems to get finished. That book I have promised myself will be ready to go by Christmas and I mean ready to distribute not just the writing done. Since I intend to self publish it I need to have the poems done no later than October so that I can concentrate on the design. I do not intend to charge for it, just to leave copies in places people might be tempted to pick it up and read it. I am thinking the first test group will be five copies only one of which I plan to send to a regular publisher. I do not expect it to be read much less published but I am going to try. At least I will know that I did it I actually wrote a book of poetry

The new photo of the day Prompts are here. I actually get two one called Photo of The Day  and one called Capture Your 365 though I've only been doing the Photo of the Day one, it is also the one I share here. I am considering photography for July if only so I can force myself to go out, I am also considering doing some catching up on scrapbook pages for my family, I am way behind.

Also as it happens Blogher's NABLOPMO theme this month is Connect with Others which is something I'm interested in. Photography is a good way to do that. So many options!

My 101 Things in 1001 days  counter says I have 348 more days to complete the current list and there are a lot of things on there I haven't even begun yet. Next time I do this I'm going to try and make it one off things not a series like the poems or the dolls.

I keep thinking there are so many things I'm responsible for, like the reviews, like the library at WDC, like helping look after my grandsons, like helping with my daughters wedding.

Other things I should be focusing on like getting my weight down to a more reasonable level, like dealing with the causes of my depression outside the chemical ones, like clearing out stuff I don't need or want anymore, like finding the money to get my animals fixed, like forming some connections in the community.

And there there are all the things I'd like to do like join Toastmasters and the theatre guild, like learning how to dance, like participating in a poetry slam, christ even just donating blood or going to the farmers market every week.

It just isn't going to happen, none of it,  unless I can get over my social phobia which probably won't happen until I lose 30 lbs or so and deal with the root causes of my depression. On top of all that I need to cope with Fibromyalgia, sore joints, painful bowels and any number of physical complaints.

Ok this turned into a bit of a rant but I guess I needed to get that stuff out of my head and written down somewhere. For the record these are just the top things in a long list of responsibilities, needs & wants. If I were to think about it I would probably be able to list more than a hundred things that come under those headings, maybe even a hundred things under each heading. Though like most people I think my want list is probably longer than my need list, though it might be pretty close.

No comments:

Post a Comment