Saturday, 29 June 2013

June 29

Photo of The Day: In my bag: Let’s take a sneak peek into what you’re carrying around. No bag? Show us what’s in your wallet or pocket instead.

So I spent today with my oldest grandson, we walked a really long way to go to the Canoe Museum because I promised him we would. I ended up having two senior moments which prompted my daughter to join us with the youngest one. I should probably feel bad about that but I don't, it got her out of the house & away from the computer.

BTW if you happen to be up in my neck of the woods one day you really should check it out, along with the history of canoeing in Canada they also have some interesting displays including a preserving section and a textile section. The boys practically ran through the museum so I didn't get to see as much as I would have liked but it was worth the $10.50 CAD per adult admission fee. I did see an authentic tepee and a real birch bark canoe both of which I have wanted to see for a long time. Oh and one of the old old ones made from the trunk of a tree, the amount of work that went into making just one of those boggles the mind.

We went for breakfast at Cora's a restaurant, I've been dying to check out.  You have got to try one of their breakfast dishes, they are pretty to look at and delicious!


We were given the middle table, you know the one most people try to avoid. It was OK once you forgot the other people around you. The boys were actually pretty well behaved for a three and four year old and the waitress we had was pretty good though she got better after a group of her peers left. The meal for the four of us was around $45 CAD so it isn't the cheapest but I didn't mind paying for it, the food was that good.

I still haven't been able to find a staple gun to the palette garden has been delayed but on the upside four of the five tomato plants my son brought me are thriving and so is the plant I got from my grand-daughter, though it is going to need a new pot soon it is getting so big. I can't remember what it's called it's leaves are red & green. 

Then I came home and slept for a couple of hours and right now my legs are giving me hell but it was worth pushing myself for, it turned out to be a pretty good day.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It sounds like you had an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete