Saturday, 1 June 2013

May Round-up



Activity Assessment : May 2013

May was about taking a photo every day. I did not do that, though most of the entries have a photo not all of them were taken in May by me, some are older than that, some were taken by my GS and some are images I found through Google Search.

Out of 31 days I have:
31 entries- 1 was late;
21 have images- 4 of which are not photos but drawings and scrapbook pages

Actually not bad all things considered!


What's Coming up?

June is the sixth month which means on June 30 we will be at the half-way point of the year. Blogher's theme of the month is Roots and their prompts centre around genealogy; who married who and how many kids they had just doesn't interest me so I have not been sure what I want this month to be about.

I decided to look up the definition of roots and found quite a few meanings. Some I knew but others were a bit of a surprise. In the end I chose two of the definitions to use this month

The first is: the essential, fundamental, or primary nature of something: your analysis strikes at the root cause of the problem
The second is: to put forth or establish a root and begin to grow. Since I got back last October I have been keeping to myself but I think it is time to reach out and begin to grow and thrive again.

This blog is about Creative Indulgences, the reason is because I know how to do a lot of different things to express myself creatively,  this month I intend to use several of them to first establish why I have chosen the lifestyle I have and then to help me alter it to a healthier one.

I will be using lots of different websites and books to guide me through this process starting with a very important e-book I have called "How To Be Your Own Therapist"

Also High Existence has a 30 Challenges in 30 Days list, I will be using a few of them to help me on my way as well

1) Re-evaluate one long held belief each day
2) Take a moment each day to practice self compassion and self-love
3) Inspire yourself each day

Hope you will join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment