Wednesday, 3 July 2013

July 3 Change to Loving Responses

Change to Loving Responses: Slowly make an effort to find new ways to respond to situations that bring you down. If someone comments negatively about your body, tell them you’d appreciate their keeping those kind of comments to themselves and affirm to yourself, “I love and accept myself as I am.” Responding from a place of self-love instead of feeling deeply wounded takes some of the sting out of their words. The more you do this, the more it will be your primary reaction to negatives, and the less people will take target practice on you.

Blogher Prompt: Do you think you still spend the same amount of time connecting in the face-to-face world now that socializing is so easy online?  

Absolutely not, my life is spent in front of this screen and pretty much has been since I got my first computer in the 1990's. Back then we met in online chat rooms called Bulletin Board Systems, 


When Instant Messaging came it was like a miracle and I could talk to computer users from all over without leaving the comfort and safety of my home. After Instant messenger came Social networks which most of us now belong to and is the primary way I communicate with my family. 


Lets not forget Twitter that online diary of everything mundane in our lives. I use mine to tweet for social agencies and business people who I think have good ideas that need to be shared. I don't Youtube but I understand that that is a popular communication method as well.


Skype is paving the way to a much improved more personal communication system which combines Instant messaging with Youtube like video.. It is my hope that this will help to end some of the flame wars and misunderstandings that simple text messaging sometimes cause. That is the future.


I am not sure where email fits into the timeline of online communication but I do know that the paper letter has become a dodo because of it. I don't send many email


July 365: A Contrast





Photo A Day: Cold: In my part of the world it’s winter, so cold is all around. How can you show the cold in a photo? 




No comments:

Post a Comment